FSI 3B & 3B-1 mechanical seals are multiple-spring designed, available in both balanced and unbalanced configurations. You can get a basic 3B and 3B-1 seal for single, dual, or tandem conditions.
3000 Series mechanical seals can be custom engineered to accommodate various operating conditions as well as a wide variety of different types of equipment.
- Normally cartridge mounted for ease of installation and equipment accommodation
- Can be used as either a rotating spring design or as a flexible stator design depending on operating parameters
- Required seal face designs and balance ratios can be calculated to ensure optimum performance
- Can be furnished with pumping ring or circulating shroud for API Plan 23 or 53 operation
TYPICAL APPLICATIONS WOULD INCLUDE:
- Refinery & Petrochemical Light Hydrocarbon Services
- High Pressure Multistage Pumps
- Circulating Water and Cooling Water Services
- Boiler Feed Pump Applications
- Specialty Equipment Applications
SERIES 3000 SEAL ACCESSORIES:
- Close clearance restriction bushings, floating throat bushings, and lip seals for use in conjunction with API Plans 21, 23, and 32.
- A complete line of standard and custom designed seal reservoirs to support tandem and double seal operations per API Plans 52 and 53.
- Specifically sized and selected heat ex-changers for proper seal cooling when using API Plans 21 and 23.
- Custom engineered bearing isolating devices for specialty equipment applications
- Temperatures: 0°F to 500°F* (-20 C to 250 C)
- Pressures: Up to 1200 psi* (80 Bar)
- Shaft Speeds: Up to 4500 RPM*
MATERIALS OF CONSTRUCTION:
- 3B1 Mechanical seals incorporate 316 SS Standard metal components (more exotic materials available upon request).
- Our manufacturers can provide any combination of Carbon, Silicon Carbide, or Tungsten Carbide seal faces (appropriate for the pump/seal application).
- Anchor offers standard O-ring material such as Fluoroelastomer, Perfluoroelastomer, Aflas, EPR/EPDM, as well as commercially available elastomers.
- ASI can provide sizes ranging from 1.00 in to 6.00 in
- ASI can also provide the same range of sizes in metric measurements.
*As always, consult your ASI representative for applications which approach or exceed these parameters.